NOTME

Default What to buy? used delta rockwell unisaw or unisaw copy

"wayne mak" wrote in message
I have decided to make the cabinets, I will be needing some thing better
than my contractor saw. I can buy a good delta rockwell unisaw for about
$800, or buy one of the new imports for a little more. Any input? I have
mostly metal working tools so the saw will have to live in the garage for
the project, and I will most likely sell the saw in the next 2 years. Here
is my shop
http://www.motherearthrecycling.net/shop/shop.htm
as you can see no working room for a table saw on the big stuff. I have
found 3 leeds on delta unisaws in the $800 range, now have the large fence
so I would need to add that not sure where best to buy that. Thanks for

all
your help.

Looking at your metal machines you won't be happy working with an import
clone. I spent some time at the wheels of some machines of the vintage you
have in your shop. They have a nice feel to them. That being said, I got a
screaming deal on a new X5 uni last year. It's nice enough, but I yearn for
an older model. SWMBO would never allow that.