pyotr filipivich

Default New use for a bandsaw

Let the record show that Gunner Asch wrote back on
Mon, 17 Oct 2005 09:20:11 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :
On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 20:02:39 GMT, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Let the record show that Gunner Asch wrote back on
Sun, 16 Oct 2005 14:17:02 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :
On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 23:42:28 -0400, "NokNokMan"
wrote:

According to the weather station I recently acquired, we got 7.11" of rain
yesterday. Between 10:30pm and 11:30pm alone the sky dumped 2.77". This
all on top of over 7" last Saturday and off and on the rest of the week.
For the first time since I bought my house 10 years ago, the basement
flooded. There was about six inches of water; not too bad considering what
I've seen on TV from around my area and of course Katrina. But the question
was, how was I going to get rid of it? I tried the shopvac, but lugging 10
gallons of water at a pop up the outside stairs got old very quickly. Then
I looked over at the Turn Pro bandsaw and said to myself, "Hmmm, might be a
good time to try out the coolant pump." I took off shoes/socks,
disassembled the coolant container and was delighted to find a nice quality
cast-iron pump lurking down there. I mickey-moused some hoses together
eventually attaching a garden hose and ran it up the stairs. Found out how
to disconnect the electric to the saw from the pump (pump won't run unless
the saw's turned on). Moved the saw into the deepest water, set the pump
down, turned it on and in two hours the basement was dry. I don't think
I'll ever press this poor pump into that kind of duty again, but I'm sure
there wasn't a pump to be had at the big-box stores this weekend. BTW, the
saw works great, too!

Now THERE is thinking outside the box. Using your bandsaw to pump out
the basement.....

And here I thought he'd figured some way to use the bandsaw to "fling"
water.
All he did was figure out how to use the coolant pump on his bandsaw to
pump water ... still a clever application, and the ability to see the
operation part of "coolant pump" is "pump".

Like the time I needed to keep some candles dry, and was trying to
figure out how to wrap them in plastic wrap, when She Who is So Smart says
"Use a Condom." that's how I got the flat forehead; "Well," smack!,
"Du'h!". :-)

tschus
pyotr

You dont have a vacuum sealer????? What the $%&^!! kind of survivalist
are you???

In those days, a really cheap (broke) kind.

Somebody slap him..hard!!

She did.

Btw...I got another tank of welding gas during the week, another
freebe..G..guy gave me a 125CF tank filled with
2.5-CO2/7.5-Argon/90-Helium (for stainless steel I think).

As my son, the daughter in law and grand baby are living here now..I
decided to have a bit of fun with them...so I dug through my Stuff and
found an old Fiesta pack of resiviour tipped ribbed condoms, and
filled a bright pink one with the gas...DAMN you can really blow them
up! and tied string to one end..and carried it into the house tonight
and gave it to the 18 month old grand baby. She loves balloons...and
was toddling around the house with it. I went back outside and was
working in the shop below an open window when it suddenly dawned on
the kids what the balloon was.....

The old man still manages to mess with the kids heads pretty good
sometimes G

You are a vile and twisted individual. Will you be my friend?

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich.