Default Electric Outlets - Hot and Neutral Reversed

Shaun Eli wrote:
Sure, but this was in a kitchen over the counter. No reason I can
think of to have run two separate wires to the same box. And this
house was built in the sixties, before many of the power-hungry
appliances (food processors, microwave ovens) existed.

By the way, when I said two outlets I meant two separate pieces, for a
total of four places to plug things in. It was a double-wide outlet
box.

Ahh. In that case, never mind.

Actually, now in labs the thing is to put in a row of outlets every
foot or two or whatever on the benches, and they alternate circuits
between 2 or 3 breakers, 1 2 3 1 2 3 etc. Sometimes they put little
colored tags on them to simplify tracing the circuits.

Shaun Eli
www.BrainChampagne.com
Brain Champagne: Clever Comedy for the Smart Mind (sm)