BillV

Default House purchase - Building Regulations

"Colin Wilson" wrote in message
t...
We are buying a house with a garage extension but apparently no
building regulations consent for the extension.
Any advice will be appreciated.

IANAL

This crops up fairly regularly on uk.legal and I think the usual answer
is that after its been up 4 (?) years they can`t force you to knock it
down anyway - it might be worth googling for it :-}

Someone I know got bitten when he came to sell a house he'd bought new some
years before.
It transpired that the door from the house to the attached garage did not
meet fire regs.
It seems the authorities can force a change on this point when a house
changes hands.

I would aggree that the vendor should pay for any insurance. This happened
in 2 cases that I've been involved with.