Hugh Prescott

Default Pulling large wire in conduit

"DaveC" wrote in message
news.net...
Four AWG #1 conductors in 2-1/2 inch EMT. 50 ft of conduit, four 90 deg.
elbows.

Is this combination reasonable to pull with some lubricant? Or should I

plan
some "pull boxes" in this run?

Thanks,

DaveC

This is an invalid return address
Please reply in the news group

No code book in front of me tonight but I think your conduit is too small
for four # 1 wires for normal power feeds. It's not just wire size that
counts you have to consider current in conductor and heating.

Four 90 degree bends (electricial sweeps) are the limit I think.

Do you need to use lubricant to pull, If I am helping you will use
lubricant, if you pull it's your choice.

I would use a steel cable as a fish tape and a comealong to pull it.

Hugh