Default Project Motivation

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 22:55:33 -0400, Robatoy
wrote:

In article .com,
"Just Jim" wrote:

I found I kept looking around my garage
going "Where the hell did I put that caliper??" Then I'd remember that
if I tried to measure and cut everything that way I would go insane.

That's how people are different. My calipers keep me sane. I measure
EVERYTHING under 4" with them. I use it as a depth gauge, to measure the
inside width of a dado, the thickness of a kerf...I'd be lost without
them.
I tried to upgrade to a dial version...then a digital..nope brought them
back... just my oldies-dead-nuts-to 1/128"

I have the 6" vernier I bought 20+ years ago. I use it quite a bit.
works for me.