Edwin Pawlowski

Default Project Motivation

"Just Jim" wrote in message

I guess I am just wondering what it is that you do to keep motivated
when you have hit a few bumps and to keep pushing on. I have set aside
this entire weekend to hopefully finish construction and begin sanding
and finishing. I am really looking forward to getting out there again,
I just hope things go better than they have been. Sorry for the
rambling.

Put aside the parts that are cut and any assembled so far. Put them away on
a corner, under the bench, whatever.

No page through the magazines. Stop as some simple project, like a basic
box, stool, and build it. Or take some scraps and make a 16 x 16 table for
next to your favorite outdoor chair. Nothing fancy, just slap it together
with 2" slats on the top.

OK, now that you took a week or two off, get back and finish the original
project and the problems will be gone. Last time I started getting
frustrated, I put all the parts away for 6 months. It was a snap to finish
and I liked it so much I made another for a friend that admired it.