dragonlady

Default Liability: I'm not responsible for your kids!

In article k.net,
"Alt/Ctrl/Del" Alt/Ctrl/Del@________------------{{{{ }}}}.net wrote:

Dragon Lady, you are kind of a mean person. I don't know why you like to
call people names, but you hurt my feelings. All I was doing was talking
about the way I felt about things. You are not very tolerant of others
though are you? I bet you hate all kinds and types of people because they
are not like you.

Now here I was all excited about getting online and coming to the
newsgroup to read some posts and try to enjoy myself a little bit, and you
call me an idiot. That is just cruel. I am not happy anymore and I don't
feel good. I am not used to being personally insulted because I am always
nice to people and don't give them a reason to do that kind of thing.

Since it IS unlike me to even almost call someone names, I tried to go
back and read your previous posts, just in case I had you confused with
someone else. For some reason, my newsreader won't let me access posts
I've already marked as "read" today, so I can't.

Fortunately, Nan did this for me. (Thanks, Nan.)

Your statement that you are "always nice to people" is, at best, just
plain silly. Since you clearly enjoy insulting people, I didn't think
it would bother you so much to be insulted back.

And who would not think you are talking from personal experience when you
make a statement like this and use the word "WE":

I suspect this is what we called shining deer? (Going out with bright
lights at night -- catch the deer in the lights so they freeze -- makes
them easy to shoot.)

The "we" referred to folks in Northern Wisconsin/Northern Minnesota --
that's what we called it. We didn't all DO it.

And even rereading what I wrote, I think it was a pretty amazing feat to
jump to the conclusion that, just because I grew up knowing what it was
called, I must have done it.

It sure sounded like you were talking about yourself. And by the way, it
doesn't matter if the people who do this are doing it to eat or not, this
is not the way to do it. It is inhumane. Don't trick them and kill them.

Think about it -- assuming you need the meat -- which is more inhumane:

Shoot at a deer on the run, risking merely injuring it, which will
result in sometimes several hours of tracking, where you follow the deer
(watching the blood trail) until you are able to get a second, clean
shot or until the deer bleeds to death; or

Mezmerize the deer in a bright light so it feezes and you can kill it
with one clean shot?

Unless you oppose eating meat all together, I can't see why a clean shot
to kill an animal is inhumane, compared to all of the OTHER ways in
which animals are killed for human consumption.

Just like the Indians that ran buffalo off of cliffs in blind rushes to
survive was also wrong. If PETA had been around back in those days the
Indians would not have been allowed to employ this practice. They would
have had to kill their buffalo one by one and not be able to resort to any
tricks or bright lights either.

Yet another myth about Native Americans . . .