warwick

Default High Humidity - Problem?

(John Flynn) wrote in message . com...
I have a Mitsubishi MJ-E16PX Dehumidifier with which I am well
pleased. I am using it in my bedroom at the moment and it seems to be
extracting, what I think is, a lot of water. On average it is
collecting 8 litres per 24 hours (the dehumidifier is on from 7am to
10pm). The humidity on the dehumidifier ranges from 60% - 75%.

The room is pretty large 16 feet x 16 feet x 14 feet high. The
building is an old victorian with stone walls. The bedroom has two
addults and one baby sleeping in it overnight.

Is 8 litres per day to be expected ? Or do I have a problem - possible
water ingres? If so how can go about finding the problem?

Thanks,

I had this problem in my bedroom. It only started after I had new
sash windows built so they sealed properly. I don't like
dehumnidyfiers (too lazy to empty them). The other option is to get a
fan installed to the outside. Baxi make a heat exchange fan
specifically for this purpose (and the sound is barley noticeable in a
bedroom) that is designed to be left on all day. As the hot air
leaves the room, the heat is trapped in the exchanger, which in turn
heats cold air as it is brought in from outside. The fan has changed
my windows from dirpping with condensation every day, to dry .... the
company which installed the fan for me was Protim Services.