Pop

Default Electric Outlets - Hot and Neutral Reversed

"Shaun Eli" wrote in message
oups.com...
: Sure, but this was in a kitchen over the counter. No reason I
can
: think of to have run two separate wires to the same box. And
this
: house was built in the sixties, before many of the power-hungry
: appliances (food processors, microwave ovens) existed.
:
: By the way, when I said two outlets I meant two separate
pieces, for a
: total of four places to plug things in. It was a double-wide
outlet
: box.
:
: Shaun Eli
: www.BrainChampagne.com
: Brain Champagne: Clever Comedy for the Smart Mind (sm)
:
Typical in many kitchens. The old refrigerators, freezers,
mixers, hot plates, slow cookers, etc. all use a lot of
electricity, the older the more most of the time. And
electricity was much cheaper back then, so lots of it got used.
Also not unusual in garages & shops. Sometimes the splits
even go to switches or dimmers instead of another breaker. Lots
of reasons to split them up.