zero

Default Please help me troubleshoot a residential hot water heat system!

On 21 Oct 2005 07:29:00 -0700, wrote:

Once again, thanks all for your help. I'm glad I waited to ask before
doing anything.. I might have messed with the wrong fitting and caused
us all a lot of grief!

But ya know what?.... The best way you could help him is be his
translator and find a reputable company to come in and service his
boiler.

Leaking Safety Relief Valve.... it needs to be replaced ASAP.

A trained/experienced service technician will catch all things and
categorizes what's what. Is it unsafe? Is it just inefficient? Will
it just stop working when part "xyz" goes bad or will it be a runaway
boiler?!!

Contractors Liability Insurance takes care of this big $$$ lawsuit.

Proper licensing helps to make sure the qualifier has the basic
knowledge to perform this type of work. (no jail time)

If anything happens to this boiler form this day forward, (until
somebody else or a qualified company works on it or even turns it off
or on) _YOU_ are the last one to repair/alter it, and all things will
point to you.

The truth doesn't matter. You can explain what you did to it step by
step all day long, it's not about that. You're the _Fall Guy_.

And one more thing. Ones English improves dramatically when the Fire
Marshall is asking them, "who last worked on your boiler?" in front of
their burnt down home. (hopefully with no fatalities=no jail time)

I would tell him his boiler needs to be serviced, and then be his
facilitator. Treat his money like it was your own, and call it a good
day.

-zero