Vic Baron

Default Project Motivation

"Just Jim" wrote in message
ups.com...
snip
I guess I am just wondering what it is that you do to keep motivated
when you have hit a few bumps and to keep pushing on. I have set aside
this entire weekend to hopefully finish construction and begin sanding
and finishing. I am really looking forward to getting out there again,
I just hope things go better than they have been. Sorry for the
rambling.

I approach it a bit differently. I plan ahead how much time I'll spend each
evening or weekend on the project and quit when I've done that. Of course,
I'm building things for myself and have no SWMBO overseer so I can work at
my own pace. For example, working on an oak 6' tall liquor cabinet with
leaded glass doors and a wine rack. Last night, my 'project' was to install
the hinges and test hang both doors. Gave myself about 90 minutes. When 90
minutes was up, the doors were hung but not operating smoothly. Called it a
night and went in to watch TV and have a beer. No frustration - no burnout.
In the past, I would have stayed with the door alignment, even though I was
tired - leading to mistakes and frustration. MUCH easier my new approach.
Went out next night and finished he door hang.

It helps me.

Vic