Greg Menke

Default OT - Hillary vs. who?

jim rozen writes:

In article , Greg Menke says...

Seriously though, the republican record on getting Roe vs Wade
overturned is pretty dismal. They just like using the issue as a
stick to beat the fundies with, to drive them to vote. The fact that
the shrubbie is seriously maneuvering her into the open justice slot
has serious implications: 1) it's pretty sure she'd vote to overturn,
2) that's bad for the republican party in the long run, 3) he doesn't
care or doesn't understand what's going on.

I'd vote for #3- its been amateur hour in the White House for since
2000... Not amateur in the sense of being clueless (except maybe for
Dubya), but in the sense of substituting ideology for competence. Writ
large now in the substitution of religious experience for qualifications
in one of the most important jobs in the country.

I wouldn't mind if Dubya had appointed another candidate like Roberts-
I might fundamentally disagree with him, but at least he's competent and
I am confident he'll try to do a good job- but Meyers is just a waste of
everyone's time.

The white house is starting to look more and more like the folks there
realize their run is almost over, so why not just goof around for
the rest of their term, however long that might be. The serious folks
have either left after being shat on, or left one step ahead of
an indictment. There's a serious power vaccuum.

I don't think its as much a vacuum as a solid pile of yes-men. Anyone
who disagrees gets shunted out so a highly myopic & bizarre perspective
is perpetuated.

But I'm still waiting for Dubya to fire the people who leaked Plame's
name. They've admitted doing it at this point, so where's the
sacrificial lamb? The GOP wanted blood for chump change adultery, how
come they don't want it now when a CIA agent's cover is blown with who
knows what consequences?

Gregm