F. George McDuffee

Default Homemade Carbide Insert Lathe Boring Bar

On 21 Oct 2005 07:21:37 -0700, "woodworker88"
wrote:

Similar to my previous post on a carbide turning toolholder I made,I
want to try making a lathe boring bar with the carbide inserts also.
Does anyone have any suggestions or plans for ones they have built? I
think I just have to file the spot where the insert goes so that the
cutting surface of the insert is to the side, rather than the front, of
the toolholder. Thanks,
Woodworker88

All sorts of commercial designs available. This is a good reason
to accumulate tool catalogs. Wonderful source for ideas, also
surf the web --
GmcD