Rex B

Default OT - Hillary vs. who?

jim rozen wrote:
In article , Greg Menke says...

Jim, I think a simpler interpretation is that Dubya is an idiot and is
so obsessed with people's personal loyalty to him that he doesn't care
about competence, qualifications or suitability.

Not that she isn't a threat to RvW though. I find it humorous that the
GOP- the party that so prides itself on trying to limit govt's
interference in people lives would choose to get the federal gov't
involved in a woman's reproductive choices- short of making unauthorized
pregnancy a criminal offense its hard to get more involved than that.

Seriously though, the republican record on getting Roe vs Wade
overturned is pretty dismal. They just like using the issue as a
stick to beat the fundies with, to drive them to vote. The fact that
the shrubbie is seriously maneuvering her into the open justice slot
has serious implications: 1) it's pretty sure she'd vote to overturn,
2) that's bad for the republican party in the long run, 3) he doesn't
care or doesn't understand what's going on.

Or maybe GWB is doing just what he said he'd do: Offer up a nominee who
will interpret the Constitution as it is written. Sounds to me like
he's doing that, and is willing to let the chips fall where they may.

The white house is starting to look more and more like the folks there
realize their run is almost over, so why not just goof around for
the rest of their term, however long that might be. The serious folks
have either left after being shat on, or left one step ahead of
an indictment. There's a serious power vaccuum.

Things always get a little loose in the 2nd term, personel shuffling is
normal. Most recent example of that is the Clinton admin in 1999-2000.
This too shall pass.