Doctor Drivel

Default Need a new SDS drill

"Chris Bacon" wrote in message
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Since you seem to be incapable of understanding a simple statement I'll

go
through it again as you do when teaching children.

My original comment was to Drivel - since he seems to think the large
power input of a cheap tool makes it somehow more desirable over other
models.

It doesn't. It's the output power which matters - however it is

measured.

And if a cheapy needs a 1000 watt (input) motor to do what a decent one
can with a 600 watt, it means it's a poor design of motor and probably
drive mechanism. And likely, the end result rather heavier than it could
be. And all that wasted energy goes in heat, which isn't a good thing

for
the longevity of the tool.

Well, thank you for explaining that so plainly - combined with your
earlier efforts, it shows even more evidently what you know. I'm sure
you're aware of this already.

Chris, No. He doesn't know that. He hasn't any inclination that he knows
sweet FA.