Grimly Curmudgeon

Default Need a new SDS drill

drugs began to take hold. I remember Chris Bacon
saying something like:

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
Chris Bacon saying something like:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote:
Bear with me, this is becoming tedious.

It certainly is.

Well, you started it - and *still* you can't give a straight
answer. It's obvious why.

Maybe because you are a tiresome ****** who feels the need to defend a
cheap piece of ****?

Are you a tiresome pig-ignorant ****** who can't read a thread? If
not, tell me where I "defend a cheap piece of ****" in it. Go on.

-----------------------
Well, I've put my Aldi cheapo on the bathroom scales, and it weight
a fraction short of 5 Kg. This hasn't caused me problems so far as
I don't do lots of over head drilling with it, e.g. into concrete
floors (none, actually!). It's OK for short periods above head
height. On the side is a label mentioning the (UK freephone) service
hotline. It's 850W, not 900 as I incorrectly remembered. No load
speed 800 RPM, 3150 BPM, steel/13mm, concrete/26mm, "wood" 30mm,
brick/core drill 90mm. The bumf says 4.2J. It came with grease,
non-SDS chuck adaptor with a chuck key, 1 chisel, 1 pointed breaker, 1
22mmx200 bit, 16/12/10mm x 100 bits, a peg spanner to undo the gearbox
grease plug, and a 300mm long bit of round spring steel with a crank
in one end that might be a depth stop, or something, and a round
rubber bellows thing (additional to the dust cover at the bit end),
and a spare pair of brushes. If it came with anything else, those
bit are now MIA. It's done lots of work, now this desk is a bit oily
and has some masonry dust on it. I've now an absurd urge to drill a
hole in something.

Sounds pretty defensive to me. Go on, be more tiresome.
--

Dave