Banty

Default Liability: I'm not responsible for your kids!

In article ,
dragonlady says...

In article . net,
"Alt-Ctrl-Del" AltCtrlDel@äää.òÕÿÿÿÿÞ wrote:

"dragonlady" wrote in message
In article ,
"Stephanie" wrote:

Sounds like one of those southern aphorsisms, like "deer caught in
headlights"
(which, BTW, has gotten widespread use) It puts such a picture in
your
mind.

Banty

But deer really do get caught in headlights. Ever heard of the
illegal
practice of jacking deer?

I suspect this is what we called shining deer? (Going out with
bright
lights at night -- catch the deer in the lights so they freeze --
makes
them easy to shoot.)

Yes. Around here it is very illegal.

I suspect it's very illegal everywhere. Heck, you can't legally hunt
deer until daylight.

That doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Also called "spotlighting", when you kill deer by paralyzing their
senses with a bright light and then shooting them because you are too
sorry and too pitiful of a hunter to give them a fair chance.

The people who do this have no pretense of this being a sport. It's a
way to put meat on the table. The deer, in this case, have a slightly
better chance than, say, a cow being raised for meat.

That is about the same as taking a cat and throwing it out of the window
at a street sign while going about 60 miles an hour. Good for you
DragonLady, you are such a good sport.

Alt, I know you're an idiot -- but at least read.

I never said I DID this, I just identified and named the practice.

You, of course, decided that since I know what it is, I must do it, too.

What do you know you're a loser who couldn't take Minnesota so moved away
anyways.

Banty