Bob G.

Default Electric baseboard heat bad?

On 20 Oct 2005 18:36:31 -0700, "skyf" wrote:

We're looking at buying a 1961 home in Oregon. It has electric
baseboard heat. I've heard that it's expensive and doesn't heat the
house very well. Is this true? I don't want to buy a house and then buy
a new heating system.

Skyf

My home was built in 1966.....Baseboard electric heat....and to be
honest it heats just fine.... As for being expensive ...sure it is
no question about that at all.....but is it that much more expensive
then other forms of heat? I do not think so... No ductwork, no
furnace, adding another room to the house did not require any
"math" to figure out the additional heat load etc....

Hard to comparee prices with the Price of Natual Gas, Propane expected
to really jump this winter...my electric rate has been unchanged for
years no guarentee it will stay that way but I doubt it jumps 20-30
or even 40 percent

Bob G