Joseph Meehan

Default Electric baseboard heat bad?

skyf wrote:
We're looking at buying a 1961 home in Oregon. It has electric
baseboard heat. I've heard that it's expensive

Well it is resistance type electric heat and it will be as expensive,
but not more than any other type of electric resistance heat. In some areas
it may be less than fossil fuels, but more expensive most areas.

and doesn't heat the
house very well.

Not true at all. It is a great way to heat, but it can be expensive.

Is this true? I don't want to buy a house and then
buy a new heating system.

Skyf

Other than heat pumps, all electric heat will cost the same to use.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit