Mike Scarcella

Default Mitsubishi cs-32509 no power

The set will not turn on now after it died with a loud pop. So far I have
not found the problem after replacing the flyback transformer, HOT,
avalanche diode D961 and the caps on either side of it, and also replaced
the regulator IC951. All diodes in the power supply circuit check ok and
both fuses are ok. I have also resoldered most of the board too.
I have 18v standby when plugged in and when the power on button is pushed I
see voltage on the power on line comming from the opto isolator PC951. The
regulator sounds like it is trying to start and only shows 5v or so on it's
output pin 1, I'm guessing b+ here should be around 130v.
What else can I try on this tv?

thanks for any help, Mike