Teamcasa

Default Project Motivation

"Just Jim" said:

snip

I guess I am just wondering what it is that you do to keep motivated
when you have hit a few bumps and to keep pushing on. I have set aside
this entire weekend to hopefully finish construction and begin sanding
and finishing. I am really looking forward to getting out there again,
I just hope things go better than they have been.
Jim

Jim, I build delay time into my projects. When I need to get-it-done, I
figure out a method that requires me to build a new jig and or buy a new
tool. These distractions actually aid me in finishing the project.
Second, I almost never build anything for myself. It's the giving of a
completed project that gives me a sufficient amount of joy to inspire me to
make the next project.

This morning, my daughter is in labor with my future grandson! I'm looking
forward to spending many hours in my shop with him! Maybe I should wait
till he can at least walk!

Dave

http://www.usenet.com