Chris Bacon

Default Need a new SDS drill

Mark wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote in message...

That doesn't stand scrutiny, either. First, however, what about the
figures above? Which is most "efficient"? Here's a list of the impact
energy given by various the 900W drills:

3.5J
3.8J
4J (my Aldi cheapo)
8.5J
10J
Which is most "efficient"?

Which one cost the best part of £600??

I think you are losing the plot a bit here :-)
I've got a Metabo http://tinyurl.com/7eu2c
which cost close to £600 list when new, if you think your Aldi drill is even
approaching the same quality, performance and life expectancy as this,

I *don't* think it does approaching the same quality, etc - the
list above was simply to show DP that his "important" figure of
impact energy was not so (at all) important in the cost of things.
How the hell can you tell the "quality" from those figures?
Since he was plain wrong, he can't answer the questions, & can
only prevaricate!

then you are as barking as the Brass bush character.

I don't think he's *always* wrong. However, what "got my rag out"
was people's insistence that the various statements are right,
when they patently are not, and then, after, that those statements
in fact meant something other than the words in them actually say,
coupled with the general pig-ignorance about What Things Are Made
Of And Why, never mind what's good enough for a job.

Never Mind. I'm going to have a cup of tea now.