Richard Conway

Default Resistor control of individual central heating radiators

Tony Bryer wrote:
In article ,
Dennis@home wrote:

How old is she?
Older people need temperatures in the 22-26+C or they feel cold.
Its no good setting the stat to 21C and expecting them to not use
the fire.

I've got it a 22 in the morning and evening. My mother is an otherwise
intelligent woman who fails to understand that when a thermostat's set
temperature is reached the boiler is switched off. What she really
needs is a weather compensated boiler that runs 24 hours per day
making the flow temp warmer or cooler as necessary.

I work in an office full of people like that. Air con set to lowest
setting so it blows cold air until the office is freezing, then they put
it to highest setting so it blows warm air until roasting. The cylce
repeats.