Joe Brown

Default Advice needed for lifting Vertical Mill

Thanks Wayne, yet another sensible suggestion. I'll post any progress.
Regards,
Joe
"Wayne" wrote in message
news
That's about 200 lbs lighter than the one I moved.
Take the cap off the top of the column. Then crank the
head all the way up. Lift off with 2 reasonably strong people.
Move the head and base separately using 2 people.
When you get where your going put the base on the stand
1st, then put the head back on.

Worked for me.
Wayne D.

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 18:34:56 GMT, Joe Brown
wrote:

Help! I've just taken delivery of a new Mill/Drill - ZX25M2, weight
196Kg. I
have a floor crane but don't know where on the Mill is a safe lifting
point - I've contacted the suppliers helpline and it is obvious they
don't
know either. Can anyone help?
Regards,
Joe