Chris Lewis

Default Electric baseboard heat bad?

According to skyf :
We're looking at buying a 1961 home in Oregon. It has electric
baseboard heat. I've heard that it's expensive and doesn't heat the
house very well. Is this true? I don't want to buy a house and then buy
a new heating system.

They heat perfectly fine, provided it was spec'd/designed properly.

For the most part, it's about the most expensive way to heat a house, but
these days with oil/gas prices going nuts, it may end up being cheaper.

[Electricity pricing is likely to be more stable than others.]
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est