Larry Jaques

Default OT - Hillary vs. who?

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 11:19:12 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, Tim
Killian quickly quoth:

Larry Jaques wrote:
Although I don't agree with a few of his stances (guns, abortion), I'd
much rather have McCain in office now than the Shrub. I can't think of
one single issue on which I agree with the Shrub. He's going to
destabilize our country so thoroughly that anyone could waltz in and
take over. The farce they call Homeland Security is just the tip of
the iceberg. We're less safe today than before 9/11, in part due to
the alienation by the entire rest of the world because of his
policies.

After 230 years, this system is getting long in the tooth. History
teaches that republics average about 250 years before they fall into
tyranny. There is plenty of evidence we're on our way to empire, and the
current President and Congress are simply setting up the tools for a
future ruler who will make much better use of them in a police state.

What I've read in the media and my instincts tell me that you're right
on the money regarding evidence. I'm just not sure the current regime
isn't going to force the police state before they're gone.

The sad part for me is that I'd always imagined Republicans would govern
differently than the corrupt Dems they replaced.

As a recovering republican, I'm ashamed now to have ever been
associated with them. I'm also glad I've never been a democrat.

Hillary? She's a
shoe-in, and IMO she may well be the last elected executive for this
country. I can see her wearing a crown, can't you?

Scary, ain't it? shudder Sheeple, I swear...

* OPERA: A Latin word * Wondrous Website Design
* meaning * Save your Heirloom Photos
* "death by music" * http://www.diversify.com