Rich

Default wood blind installation question

"Doug Smith" wrote in message
5...
Hello,

I'm about to order and install some wood blinds for our livingroom window.
Because the window is quite large (156" wide), I am installing three
seperate blinds. I would like to know the gap allowance I should use
between the blinds. The smaller the gap, the better the light control but
I don't want to get into difficulties with installation and operation.

Thanks

I got some from the Box store here and you just give them the opening
dimension if your going inside the opening like I did. If your attaching
outside of the window just order so it overhangs the outside by what ever
amount you care to have it over lap. My 2" wood blinds just fit inside my
drywall opening and the slats them selves are about 1/4" away from the edge
and have a 1/2" gap in the center. I have two windows and two blinds so the
1/2" gap it over the center divider for the two windows. Also keep in mind
that the 2" wood blinds I have don't close completely, what I mean is if I
close them all the way and go outside I can look up and see into the room.
Keep that in mind when your buying what ever size slats your looking at.

Rich