Heathcliff

Default Heating Dog House

DoDa wrote:
Looking for any ideas on the best way to heat a doghouse for the winter?

Donna

Do you already have the doghouse? One factor in how the warm the dog
stays in the doghouse is the house's design. The traditional cartoon
type dog house with the big door in the middle is gonna be pretty
drafty when there's any wind. In the one I built, the long wall is the
front wall, and the door is off to one side, with an internal baffle so
there is an inner chamber that is relatively cozy.
Viewed from above
-----------------------------------
| |
| |
| |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |

However, after a while I took the baffle out cuz the dog always laid
with his nose at the door anyway. Dog: golden retriever. Location:
cold, windy Chicago.

-- H