Chris Jung

Default Heating Dog House

"Gazoo" wrote in message
news:iLM5f.250090$tl2.178993@pd7tw3no...

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
.. .

"Usmiech" wrote in message
Put a dog in it.

That is plain stupid!!!!

Care to elaborate? Animals have lived with no aid from man for millions
of years. How did that happen?

That's really a pedantic and overly simplistic argument.

Dogs were fine outside...

before we bred them into all sizes, shapes, colors, sizes, and purposes.

Very true and, as well, it depends on where the particular dog breed
originated.

For example, I live in Ithaca, NY. One neighbor has a Malamute - a sled dog
breed that originated in Alaska. I've seen Yukon happily nap outside on top
of the snow in January. OTOH, some other neighbors have an off-the-track
greyhound. Greyhounds originate in the Mediterranean /middle east - places
with hot summers and mild winters. I can't imagine Zip the Greyhound, with
his long limbs, lack of body fat and thin coat, surviving long out in a
Ithaca winter day if he had to depend on supplying his own heat.

And the reverse is true, put Yukon the Malamute in Texas on a summer day and
he would be in danger of overheating but Zip the Greyhound would be fine.

Chris