Rich Greenberg

Default Telephone Wiring

In article ,
Michael wrote:
Where can you buy junction blocks for phone wires? I have to tie in all my
phone wires from my basement renovation.

Forget radio shack unless you want a piece of junk. Do it RIGHT(tm).

Go to Graybar if you have one locally or on the web and get a "66 block"
and a punchdown tool for it.

http://www.graybar.com/ and search for "66 block"

It will have (usually) 50 rows of 6 terminals each. Each of the 6 are
jumped together. Take 2 rows and punch down the input pair on one side,
then 5 more pairs across. If you need more than 5 pairs, jump to the
next pair and use them. There are other sizes, the 50x6 is one of the
most common sizes.

Google for "66 block" will show lots of good pictures.
You can also get plastic covers for the blocks.

You gan also get "110 blocks" which are smaller but harder to work with.