Mike Harrison

Default House purchase - Building Regulations

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 18:44:33 +0100, Colin Wilson wrote:

We are buying a house with a garage extension but apparently no
building regulations consent for the extension.
Any advice will be appreciated.

IANAL

This crops up fairly regularly on uk.legal and I think the usual answer
is that after its been up 4 (?) years they can`t force you to knock it
down anyway - it might be worth googling for it :-}

I'd suggest asking your surveyor to specifically look at all the potential regs issues on this, and
if any remedial work is needed, ask for it to either be done or paid for by the vendor.