Tim Killian

Default Advice needed for lifting Vertical Mill

Joe Brown wrote:
Help! I've just taken delivery of a new Mill/Drill - ZX25M2, weight 196Kg. I
have a floor crane but don't know where on the Mill is a safe lifting
point - I've contacted the suppliers helpline and it is obvious they don't
know either. Can anyone help?
Regards,
Joe

Now you get to buy a pair of big nylon tow straps and some load-rated
shackles. You'll also need a come along for use with an overhead
support, or a shop crane with a long boom. The straps can be wrapped
around the head and allow you to lift the machine from above its center
of gravity. Good luck and be careful!