Sarah

Default DVD Recorder issues

seems to me like you just purchased cheap recorders, and you know,
cheap is as cheap does.
get the right disks, left column, dvd recorders:
http://www.videohelp.com/

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 10:22:55 -0400, crevitch wrote:

I purchased multiple DVD recorders for transcribing my 8mm analog tapes
and have had problems.

The first unit I purchased was an "ILO" from wal-mart. It did an OK job
of recording on TDK discs, but could not initialize Maxell DVD+Rs. I
returned the unit and purchased a "look-on" from Costco. This unit
worked OK, but occasionally would freeze at the end of a DVD when full,
and the unit would not respond unless power cycled. I returned that
unit, and bought a daewoo from costco. This unit experiences the
freezing as well. In addition, the encoding of one disk screwed up 3/4
of the way through one disc (blocky, intermittent).

Do I have a disc incomatibility here? I would have thought the unit
could detect a problem and stop rather than freezing? Am I better off
with a name Japanese Brand?

I plan to try another MFR disc, but would appreciate any insight into my
problems.

Thanks