Dave D

Default color adustments do only one at time (sony pvm-8220)

"NN" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks to both Chuck and Dave. I have soldering and take apart skills
and no tv knowledge beside safety issues with CRT and capacitors. The
part number is perfect for me to do the job.

David

The best of luck with the repair. If it fails, at least you haven't spent a
large amount of money on it! With the absence of proper test equipment and
service manuals, you'll have to play around with the new variable capacitor
to get the right setting. TBH, it's good enough except perhaps for a
commercial outfit / dealer with strict procedures ;-) You'll know when you
get it right.

If it still doesn't work, then you are left with the problem of what to do
next. You could try replacing the crystal, but there'll come a time when
buying parts on the offchance they'll cure the fault will cease to be cost
effective. I think the new part will fix the problem though as it was a
common falure.

Dave