G&M

Default House purchase - Building Regulations

"Hugo Nebula" wrote in message
if the work has
been completed more than 12 months, provided it's not dangerous (about
to collapse), then no prosecution action can be taken by the Council
for a breach of the Building Regulations.

Does this apply if I've submitted a building notice (for which my council
won't issue any formal paperwork on completion) for a variety of work
intended to be done, but haven't had the BCO in yet to inspect some work
done over 12 months ago due to efforts being diverted onto other things.
Are you saying that in theory I needn't bother calling him back ?

I'm not proposing not to do so but wondered what the legal situation is ?