Cydrome Leader

Default High voltage capacitor needed & questions

Ignoramus27736 wrote:
Just wanted to say something, possibly unrelated. To the person
looking for mica caps, first check if they are indeed bad. They should
show infinite resistance when unplugged. You can also try charging
them with low voltage, and see if you get a spark in a screwdriver
test.

You're not going to get any sparks off a 0.002uF cap charged to low
voltages.

The reason why I am saying this is that I also was dismayed to find
that HF was not working in my welder. It turned out, simply, that it
was wired for a remote arc starter. I rewired it for the local starter
and it all works.