Bruce L. Bergman

Default Brake Fluid - Alternative Use?

On 19 Oct 2005 20:14:16 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article .com,
says...

Maybe someone should tell my local body shop. Well they have stopped
using used motor oil for supplemental heating. They use it for all
their heating. Their tip for me was turn off the heat in the storage
tank during the summer. They forgot and it turned some oil into coke.

LOL. The gas station across the street was using a waste oil heater
for a while. I went over there one night because the haze inside
the building was *intense*. The two young guys working inside
were just about keeled over from the fumes.

The new owner said that it never did work right, so they took the
waste oil heater out.

If thy can't get the flue to draw on a waste oil heater, I would be
rather leery about having them fix my car. Heat rises, and cool air
follows it in the draft diverter. If the heat isn't rising, either
the flue or the fresh makeup air is restricted.

Though the 'drip' style waste oil burners seem rather hit-and-miss
to me - gas stations have compressed air, so a Babbington style oil
burner should be trivial to kit-bash.

-- Bruce --

Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545