Norminn

Default does grout sealer make grout waterproof?

Art wrote:
I tried it in a shower and it seemed like a complete waste.

"bob" wrote in message
oups.com...

Hi,

I'm wondering if grout sealer actually makes the grout waterproof (as
in water will bead up)? I've heard different things from different
people. Some say it will and some say it won't. Are there two types of
sealers out there? How often do you need to reseal grout and is there
such a thing as sealing too much? Thanks.

When I sealed our new grout on dining/living room floors, the sealer
would bead up on some of it after first appl., all of it on second. I
believe it is rec that it be applied about every two years. I am,
therefore, two years behind schedule ) Coffee with creamer makes dark
stains on our light taupe grout that are really difficult to scrub out
of the grout, but then almost everything is tough to get out of or off
of mortar type surfaces. Just too irregular to get at it all. Now I
tip-toe with my coffee, and no rugrats around to spill stuff )