Stormin Mormon

Default Toilet keeps clogging?

Seriously, use the closet auger. Amazing all the corrosion and stuff that
you can ream out, and flush down the line.

The $23 Ridgid closet auger is well worth the extra money, compared to the
cheapie $8 one.

After you run the reamer in and out, leave the reamer as far down as you
can, and then flush the toilet. This rinses off the snake.
--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

"Toller" wrote in message
I have a 23 year old Eljer toilet that has recently started clogging up
badly. I plunge it, it flushes normally with water, then clogs up
immediately. It is getting tiresome.

Any idea why I am suddenly having this problem and what I can do about it?
I have a toilet auger, but if it flushes normally with water, then I don't
see that it would be useful; and it is such a job to dry (My sons swear
that nothing improper has gone it it...)