Art

Default Leaky Basement

A water proofing pro I know recommends Dam It. They have a fast and slow
set. Use the slow. Fast is to fix a hole while water is gushing in. It
worked well for our job but we also fixed the outside problems. In another
job where we couldn't fix the outside problems right away it held for about
a year before we saw moisture again.

"Kurt L." a wrote in
message ...
Yeah I know you are all right about fixing the leak from the outside.
However I
have no time to do that right now. I will take care of that in the
Spring.

I should also say that there are no gutters there. There is a huge
overhang
from the roof. So no direct rain can fall in that area withoput it being
heavy
winds.

I have at least a 10 inch slope as well.

I will check out the liquid concrete Liquid Concrete repair.
Sounds like a quick fix right now and is what I need in order to finish my
basement.

Thanks for the ideas and replies

Ben wrote:

"Kurt L" a wrote in
message
. ..
Thanks to all in advance to those who reply

OK here's the scenario

- Living in a semi-detached home.
- Been here for 4 years.
- last year decided to frame a bedroom in the basement to the sharing
wall
of my neighbor for my oldest sun.
- I never had anything in that part of the basement so I never noticed
any
problems
- After completing the room with Drywall I noticed the rug was wet in
the
sharing corner . CRAPPPPPP
- Went outside and got down on my hands and knees and noticed a hair
line
crack in the exterior concrete wall.
- So I began the dig and noticed the hair line got bigger.
- I dug down 5 feet but never made it to the footing because the hair
line
crack had disappeared.
- washed the entire cracked area and patched the entire crack well
below
where I seen the crack disappear. OR so I thought.
- Now with a big rain the carpeting is wet again. It's not really a
huge
wet area nor does water come flowing in or anything
But it's really annoying This is also stopping me from completing a
floating floor in that area of the basement

As what others have said, the first thing is to make sure the slope is
away
from the basement.

Also, it is always best to fix from outside. However, in my new home we
had
two cracks that were sealed from the inside by injection completely
through
the crack to the outside. It has been over 5 years with no leak. I have
also
ensured a good slope.

The product used by the professional company appears to be the same as:
http://www.polygem.com/repair/lcr.php

Hope this helps...

Ben