Edwin Pawlowski

Default Question about re-staining building /w solid-color stain

"jaynews" wrote in message
contains older stain (since...my understanding is that the pressure
washing does not remove all the old stain...only what was on the verge of
peeling) They are using sprayers to apply the new coat of stain.

Is the above the correct procedure for re-staining, or are they supposed
to strip off ALL of the old stain before applying new stain?

The reason I'm asking is there have been problems with peeling stain on a
couple of RECENTLY re-stained buildings.

The application is OK if everything is dry, cleaned etc. If the washing
leaves stain that is not showing a peel, but is lose, it will peel again
shortly. After the washing a prudent person would wire brush or scrape
anything still loose.