Jim Adney

Default Oscillator stops when probed.

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 20:30:58 +0100 "David C. Partridge"
wrote:

OH! I didn't realise that an 10 meg loading along with the capacitance of
the probe could quite normally shut a crystal oscillator down.

Not all 10x probes are alike. I believe 10x probes exist with tip
capacitances anywhere between about 7pF and 40pF, maybe higher. The
low capacitance ones tend to be pricier, but it makes a siginificant
difference once you get up into that frequency range.

A random 100x probe won't necessarly have lower C than a random 10x
probe.

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA