wayne mak

Default can this small TIG machine run hardwire?

I have used a spool gun with a CC machine its tricky to get it started but
once going not to bad, but doing thin stuff would bet hard and 90 amps
wouldn't do much any how. The mig would run that little thing down fast. I
see they offer 1/8 7018 rod below that welder, I am sure running 7018 1/8
with that welder has got to be a real joy and a very big test of its power.
"Ignoramus27736" wrote in message
Someone told me that there are variable feed rate, voltage sensing
wire spool guns. Lincoln LN-25 is such a wire feeder, according to
him. That guy tried to sell me an arc welder by trying to say that it
was a tig welder, so he possibly exaggerated things a little.

http://www.weldingmart.com/Qstore/p002186.htm

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 13:37:21 -0500, Jon Elson
wrote:

RHGrafix wrote:

can this small TIG machine run hardwire? (spool-gun)

TIG is constant current. MIG is constant voltage. So, I don't
think so.

Jon