Default Brake Fluid - Alternative Use?

Maybe someone should tell my local body shop. Well they have stopped
using used motor oil for supplemental heating. They use it for all
their heating. Their tip for me was turn off the heat in the storage
tank during the summer. They forgot and it turned some oil into coke.

Dan

Diamond Jim wrote:

Well you don't just burn used motor oil in a furnace without
treating/filtering it anyway. At least you don't if you know what's good for
you. Used motor oil is contaminated with all sorts of things, cadmium for
example (from bearings) which is bad for you when you get it into your
system. (This is why garages/service stations stopped burning motor oil for
supplemental heating. There used to be quite a market for stoves to burn
used motor oil.)