Dave Balderstone

Default Worst Case Scenario ("As Is" Home Purchase)

In article . com,
wrote:

What I'm worried about is their reaction if I request a home inspection
(I'm assuming that as far as my pre-approved mortgage is concerned, the
bank appraiser will pass the home with flying colors).

The house we're in right now was bought contingent on an inspection
that turned up two cracks in the furnace heat exchanger. There was
haggling as a result, but we ended up seeing $1800 off the sale price.

Given the history of flood, I would not buy without an inspection. If
the seller balk, I would walk. There are always other homes in nice
neighborhoods, and it sounds like your chances of actually getting this
place are iffy.