PipeDown

Default doubling attic insulation - does it help?

"m Ransley" wrote in message
No I cant relate savings to a single thing I did, it was all done at
once, but the utility co Nipsco said I have the lowest bills they know
of for my size house. Point being there is alot most can do in different
areas of waste, people should not be closed to the fact, or discoured.
Utility savings can be found im many areas of improvement. With Ng being
up 50-70% and electric soon in my area 15-40% there is alot anyone can
do, anywhere. My yearly electric with AC is also extremly low apx 260 -
290 a year. Its all a matter of researching before you buy and what can
realy save an extra$. Did you know sears makes the most efficient 19.5
frige, it is equal to Sun Frost in efficiency, in standard form and
resessed with extra insulation more than Sun Frost. Do you own heat end
electric audit, and keep an open mind.

No doubt ~$1400/yr savings is very impressive. But how much did all new
appliances, new water heater, new windows, lots of insulation and whatever
else cost you. How many years will it take to pay back. Sounds like you
did a lot of remodeling at the same time and energy upgrades were just
addons (above and beyond the cost for basic installations). I assume you
didn't do all the work just to save fuel, there must be some cosmetic
payoff. The best time to upgrade is during a remodel.