F. George McDuffee

Default Introduction & question

I am luck enough to now own an EM compact 10 with the milling
attachment and collet adapter. I will measure up the adapter for
the spindle. Do you have the draw-bar?

See my web-site at mcduffee-associates.us

GmcD

On 19 Oct 2005 12:23:06 -0700, "
wrote:

Hi all,
I'm new to the list but have read some of the digests. I picked up my
first metal lathe last week & have many questions but most of those
should be answered when a copy of the owner's manual arrives. One
question that I doubt will be answered in the manual is the specifics
on the nose piece for a 5C collet closer. The machine is an Emco Maier
Compact 10. I knew the nose piece was missing when I bought this
machine.

My question to anyone with specific knowledge of this machine is....is
the nose piece proprietary to EM or could I just order one from Royal?
I have determined by speaking to Blue Ridge Mountain Machinery
(apparently the sole distributor for EM non CNC machines) that it is a
# 5MT but wonder if any of the other dimensions would be a problem.
They don't have this part & couldn't answer my question.

Regards & Thanks,
David Brown
Huntington Beach, CA
PS: If anyone has any leads on the milling attachment for this machine
I'd appreciate hearing about them.