Al Reynolds

Default How to find a good builder

wrote in message
Hi,

I'm not sure if I read somewhere on this newsgroup that local councils
do keep lists of good contractors. I've search on google and can't
find anything. I did telephone my local council and they said they
can't recommend anyone.

I just wondered if anyone else has managed to get any such information
from their local council and, if so, how?

I've heard it said that council-approved contractors can
be a good choice. If they get regular work from the council
it will be well paid and they wouldn't want to lose it by getting
a bad reputation. I have no idea if this is true!

Al