Joseph Meehan

Default Oil buildup in drains, preventing -Cheaper alternative to Shaklee Basic I ?

wrote:
Wow...sorry I didn't make myself clear:

After doing an sesame oil massage each morning, I get in the shower
and use a regular bar of hand soap [and regular shampoo] to shower in
the normal manner. Then, once I'm out of the shower, I put two
teaspoons of Shaklee Basic I into a gallon of warm water and slowly
pour this down the drain. Then I let that sit in the drain until I
take my next shower [that night, or the next morning]. [Before I take
that next shower, I make sure to run hot water down the drain for
about 30 seconds.]

So... I'm not looking for something like Draino to unclog a clogged
drain, but rather, something cheaper that will prevent the clogging to
occur [Basic I works fine, but it's sort of expensive]

I wonder if you would not get the same effect from using nothing at all.
I am sure the Shaklee product works for Shaklee and for the salesperson who
informed you of the problems you did not know you had.

In any case, I am not at all sure you need any product. It is amazing
how we all survived so long without all the products that are available
today.

If I can get the same results by putting two teaspoons of dish
detergent into a gallon of water and putting that down the drain after
I've finished my shower and I'm out of the shower, I'll consider doing
that.

Sorry for the confusion.

Bob.

wrote:
I presently use Shaklee Basic I to prevent my bathtub/shower drain
from getting clogged up.

[After massaging with sesame oil, I take a shower, and if I don't
pour some diluted Basic I into the drain after showering....and
rinse the drain out with hot water just before I use the shower the
next time...the drain will clog up after about 7-to-14 showers]

I'm looking for a cheaper alternative to the Shaklee Basic I.

A friend told me that Shaklee Basic I is just a wetting agent, and
that I could use a kitchen dish detergent and get the same results.
I'm hesitant to try his advice, because if he's wrong, or if I don't
use the detergent in the proper way or in the right concentration,
it's a real pain to clean out the clogged drain.

So my questions a

1] Is my friend right?
2] If he is, is there a particular kitchen dish detergent that is
better than others?
3] What concentration/dilution should I use?
4] Any special instructions or suggestions [or alternatives]?

Thanks
Bob.

--
Joseph Meehan